Home & School: Mission & Accomplishments
Our Home School Association (HSA) serves as the communication vehicle between the school and the home. HSA is an all-volunteer organization that is responsible for planning community-building events, organizing room parents for each class, and overseeing a number of fundraising events. HSA also sponsors guest speakers for our parent community, and partners with the school board and principal on many planning and strategy efforts.
The mission of the HSA shall be to form a communication vehicle between the school and the home, to organize service activities (volunteers and fundraising), to plan community–building events, and to foster parental involvement in the school community.
The principle objectives of the HSA shall be to:
- Promote an atmosphere in the school community where parents, teachers, and students can cooperate, understand their responsibility, and work together in imparting the ideals of Catholic education.
- Encourage the HSA to provide a forum where ideas, desires or comments can be transmitted or shared.
- Build support for the school through the families of students and other members of the school community.
- Assist the school administration and School Advisory Board in raising funds for the school.
- Provide members with the means and opportunity to participate in religious, social, educational and cultural programs.
- Provide the school with the skills, talent and time of parents in service to the school.
HOME & SCHOOL BOARD MEMBERS AND ROOM PARENTS FOR 2017-2018 SCHOOL YEAR
|Sue Howard, Co-Chair
Tammy McEnerney, Co-Chair
Heather Weaver, Treasurer
Joei Dyer, Secretary
Kristy Swarthout, Room Parent Coordinator
Michele Allan, Technology Coordinator
Samrawit Perry, & Crystal Truslow Schmidtlein, Hospitality Coomittee
Jen Kessler and Barbara Gutierrez-Smith, Prekindergarten Room Parents
|Kim Lukes, Su Miller, and Brenda Riel Stone, Kindergarten Room Parents
Beth Brock and Crystal Truslow Schmidtlein, 1st Grade Room Parents
Sarah Baker and Su Miller, 2nd Grade Room Parents
Jane Bakey and Kristin Dow, 3rd Grade Room Parents
Molly Crismond and Cecelia Shannon, 4th Grade Room Parents
Marcie Ament and Maureen Myers, 5th Grade Room Parents
Michelle Brown and Heather Maurano, 6th Grade Room Parents
Anne Depman and Stacey Haines, 7th Grade Room Parents
Angel Altimont, and Jen Reid, 8th Grade Room Parents