St. Patrick’s Prekindergarten (4+) Program
St. Patrick’s Catholic Elementary School was established in 2004. Upon the success of our first class of Kindergartners graduating from 8th grade in 2013, having grown up with us, it was decided that St. Patrick’s should offer a Catholic education to younger siblings of our school families, young students in our parish, and to our neighbors at an even earlier age.
In September 2014, St. Patrick’s welcomed our youngest students! The hope would be that they grow in our loving, safe, nurturing, and faith-filled environment for ten more years and become a part of our community of excellence.
Monday-Friday 8:15 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Monday-Friday 8:15 a.m. – 2:50 p.m.
(includes academic enrichment)
Monday- Friday 2:50 – 6:00 p.m.
St. Patrick’s Catholic Prekindergarten (4+) Program offers:
- An early-childhood program for children who are 4 years of age by September 1, 2017, including a transitional program for Kindergartners.
- A beautiful new learning environment specifically designed and created for 4 year old students in our newly constructed parish center.
- The focus will be on the whole child, as we help our youngest students to grow spiritually, academically, socially, and emotionally in a nurturing environment.
- A positive first time experience in school that will create life-long enthusiastic learners while growing in their faith.
- One classroom teacher and instructional assistant, creating a 1:9 ratio in our classroom.
- Weekly physical education/movement, Spanish, music, and art classes.
- Play-based learning while adhering to the Common Core standards set forth by the Maryland State Department of Education and Archdiocese of Washington.
- Inclusion in the elementary school outreach projects and special events celebrating holidays, student successes, and our Catholic faith.
- Welcome and easy transition into St. Patrick’s Kindergarten class!